Saturday, November 8, 2008

Roy Jones vs Joe Calzaghe

WATCH THE FIGHT HERE






My 2 cents on the fight:

I think it will be a good fight! I really don't like either one but I feel like with their styles it should be entertaining.

I think Roy (52-4, 38 KOs) is old and washed up but is still able to put on a decent performance from time to time. after coming off a dominating victory over a freshly retired Trinidad who moved up a few weight classes just for the fight Roy ego and cocky attitude is at a all time high. He has always been a great counter puncher and has one of the quickest hands in boxing.

Joe Calzaghe (45-0, 32 KOs) may be just as fast as Roy and has excellent condition and will press the fight the whole night. His chin may be suspect and i don't think he can knock Roy out but i didn't think Tarver could either. Wins over Lacey and outworking Bhop Calzaghe has been more active and fought better comp.

My predictions:

I think Roy will win early rounds with effective counter punching and my even put Joe on his ass, But i think Roy wont have the stamina to deal with Joes pace. He will try 2 rest on the ropes and Joe will take advantage and not let Roy get a breather.
Roy will lose by a decision.
And I predict Roy will finally retire after this fight or stop ducking that long awaited rematch Bhop.
then call it quits with a (52-6, 38 KOs) record!










No comments:

Your Ad Here